| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Errata Sheet - Cel Nav book

Author Topic: Errata Sheet - Cel Nav book
navstar

- posted June 23, 2013 03:37 PM      Profile for navstar           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there an errata sheet for the Starpath Celestial Navigation - A Home Study Course book?

For example, pg 46 the plot sheet has a latitude identified as 40 degrees 50 minutes. It should be 40 degrees 05 minutes.

Also in section 4.4 refers to Box 6 in the work forms and that it contains numbers. I looked at Box 6 in the work forms (forms pg 2) and could not find any numbers that it is referring to under Box 6. Could you please clarify this?

Thanks,

Capt Steve Miller

- posted June 24, 2013 02:19 PM      Profile for Capt Steve Miller           Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at page 46 and I did not see any reference to 40° 50' - I did see 40° 5'. This was true for a previous edition as well.

The Workform does not have numbers in it to start with. You fill in the cells of Box 6 with the Intercept (a) which is the difference between Ho and Hc as determined by calculations on other parts of the Worksheet. The Zn is also determined from data in other cells of the Workform. The A-Lat is copied from the appropriate cell in Box 4. And finally the a-Long is copied from the cell in Box 3.
Each of the plots on pages 50, 51, 52, & 53 all have Box 6 from the Worksheet filled in as needed for the given problems.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation