| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Chp 5 5.8 Exercise #1

Author Topic: Chp 5 5.8 Exercise #1
TonyM

- posted March 15, 2017 06:02 PM      Profile for TonyM           Edit/Delete Post 
Attached is my worksheet for Exercise 5.8(1). I have tried to solve this exercise with ZD 10 and 11. However, the LHA calculation does not appear on the excerpt for Lat 56* which appears on p.269. Obviously, I am doing something wrong, but don't know what.

This is my second attempt to get some guidance on this. I hope this post gets through this time.

David Burch

- posted March 15, 2017 08:33 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
We are not getting images you are attaching.

Please note that attached images must be <+800 pixels across and size <= 300 kb.

if your image is too large, please use MS Paint or other program to reduce its size and then post it.

if you do not know its size or dimensions, open it in MS Paint or other graphic program to check this and adjust it.

thanks

David Burch

- posted March 15, 2017 08:34 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
PS. i only see one post here. Are you posting in the correct forum? if you are in the cel nav course, then please use the Student Discussion Forum and an instructor will answer.
Capt Steve Miller

- posted March 15, 2017 08:47 PM      Profile for Capt Steve Miller           Edit/Delete Post 
WHY are you using any Zone Description? The 5.8-1 and the rest of the problems give the time in UTC. No Zone Description is needed.
As I described in my last post on this subject, you would just use the UTC to determine the GHA and then apply the a-Long with the proper sign (+ or -) to determine the LHA.

David Burch

- posted March 16, 2017 06:27 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a note that we might be having problems with image uploads. This is being tested now. So maybe not seeing your posts is our fault, not your file size.

hope to resolve this in a day or so.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation