| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Inland and Coastal Navigation   » Public Discussion of Inland and Coastal Navigation   » quiz # 2

Author Topic: quiz # 2
reperrault

- posted September 11, 2012 07:08 AM      Profile for reperrault           Edit/Delete Post 
I apparently am missing something in my understanding. I know what chart 1 is, but the chart symbol diagram I am not locating for test. also I was unable to find chart 189448 and 18447. I went on line to Noaa and found but ended up giving wrong answers from their charts. Can you help
Capt Steve Miller

- posted September 11, 2012 04:09 PM      Profile for Capt Steve Miller           Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Chart No. 1 you say that you know what Chart No. 1 is, but do you have a copy? If you do not have a copy you can down load a copy by going to the resources page find Chart No. 1 and click on it and it will take you to a government web page where you can download the complete document which is just over 17 Mb in size. This is a document that you should not only know what it is but something you should be very familiar with the contents.
The posted answers tell you which sections of Chart No. 1 to look at for the correct response to the question asked.

Capt Steve Miller

- posted September 11, 2012 04:22 PM      Profile for Capt Steve Miller           Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding chart #18448 - the only question that refered to the chart is question #9. That question had a 'view chart 18448 section' link that you could click to see the area that the question was asking about. So I do not understand why you needed the full chart to respond to the question. Question was asking about symbols on the chart which are all in Chart No. 1.
I believe the paper documents that come with the course includes a 18448 chart with it.
If you have the Memory Map software that there is a link to download in our website, you can download an echart version of the chart as well.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation