| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Radar   » Public Discussion of Marine Radar   » Radar repeaters

Author Topic: Radar repeaters
David Burch

- posted November 23, 2004 01:58 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
One issue that we did not bring up in the book till we learn more of it, is the expected response behavior of radar repeaters. These days it is not uncommon to have a fully operational radar display at both the nav station and in the cockpit of a sailing vessel. Or in the pilot house and flying bridge of a power-driven vessel.

The note i wish to make here and bring up for discussion is that in the one case I have used underway the repeater controls were very sluggish, meaning, for example, if your turn the EBL it would indeed move, but it was a bit jerky and rather slower than when doing the same operation from the main control panel. And other controls had the same sluggish or delayed responses.

The question to be resolved is, is this expected behavior for radar repeaters or did I happen on to a unique problem of one particular installation?

——
This note is part of the "More thoughts" (MT) section of the Radar for Mariners webpage.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation