| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Navigation Rules   » Public Discussion of the Nav Rules   » examiner

Author Topic: examiner
Robert Rothschiller

- posted October 17, 2005 04:13 PM      Profile for Robert Rothschiller           Edit/Delete Post 
Im studying for inland master AGT how do I filter out celestial qstns from the examiner on nav general
David Burch

- posted October 17, 2005 05:40 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
First, i must say that the extra questions we provide on the Nav Rules CD must be considered a bonus and not part of the purchase for that product. I hope this is clear from our advertising. It is included on the Nav Rules CD -- and we do indeed offer any level of support required for the Nav Rules content -- but that extra content is just there to be used if it might prove useful.

I should also clarify that the filters we have on the Examiner module are "Find" functions, not "Exclude" functions. It is very easy to find specific topics you might want, but not very convenient at all to exclude specific keyword questions.

The best bet would be to review the topics covered in your particular exam and then cull out those to study with keywords. I am answering this from out of state, so do not have the software in front of me, but one trick might be to search on the chart number being used. There are about 4 training charts in use (as i recall) and i could later look them up and post a list online.. and try this trick to see if it works well. But even for those questions you would also need the specific chart and the tide and current tables from a specific year to work many of them.

There are general questions on piloting,DR, compass corrections, and so on but those you could find in the normal manner and practice with those. We do not, however, have any filters on the exam level.

To block cel nav questions you would have to search on key words like Polaris, azimuth, Ho, LAN, running fix, sun, amplitude, etc and that would find them, but you would then have to tag each one individually to block them, or otherwise mark them as not to be seen... ie answer them and then ask for only new questions -- all of which would be tedious.

Hopefully access to these extra exam questions might help in some way, but the product remains one on the Nav Rules.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation