| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Marine Weather   » Public Discussion of Marine Weather   » Extention,,,,,,please? Life and Sandy

Author Topic: Extention,,,,,,please? Life and Sandy
macbode

- posted January 18, 2013 08:45 AM      Profile for macbode           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,
Unfortunately I have been having to deal with life and have not been able to give the attention I should have to my courses. Please forgive me and grant me some extension. Lack of wifi has been particularly troublesome! Besides the Marine Weather I have Coastal Nav and Celestial, a rather large bite.
I can say that living aboard whilst Sandy drove by was interesting. My barometer (ASI Digital)was installed by then and I was able to follow the passage of the storm nicely, couldn't see much other than water. What was encouraging was how, with the small amount of knowledge I have, I would have reacted to the storm. Seeing all of the other forecasts and myriad of possible storm paths was interesting and at the same time, confusing. I am of the mind (hindsight being what it is!) That given the raw data I had, my prior experience and the knowledge I have picked up so far in this course (a dangerous thing) , I would have made adequate preparations anyhow. Other points; Using my digital barometer as well as readings from a local airport also allowed me to calibrate my aneroid nicely given the wide pressure range we received and I can also state with certainty, Buys Ballot's works.

David Burch

- posted January 19, 2013 03:00 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the updates. Glad to see things sorting out and you can get back to the courses. Yes, that is a lot of material to cover, but it seems from here that your webcard (access to the courses and resources) is valid till 2015, so that should not be a problem.

At some point the weather trainer live software license will expire, and that can be extended from links within the program itself. Weather Trainer live service is $89 for first year (included with the course fee) and $49/yr after that.

In passing, since you are registered for a couple courses, you will find that you get quicker response to posts by using a Student Discussion Forum as they are monitored more frequently by more instructors.

Have you seen our note on the storm surge from Sandy?

macbode

- posted January 21, 2013 03:19 PM      Profile for macbode           Edit/Delete Post 
Now I have! I agree completely. The statement was needlessly inciting while being ambiguous at the same time. Fortunately, as Sandy didn't come up the Chesapeake we only got about 1-2 additional feet of surge.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation