| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help desk | commons

This topic has been moved to Marine Weather Student Discussion Forum.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Marine Weather   » Public Discussion of Marine Weather   » Question WX0203-0016

Author Topic: Question WX0203-0016
Charlie2450

- posted April 03, 2018 12:00 AM      Profile for Charlie2450           Edit/Delete Post 
Please can someone point me in the right direction. I have searched all text books for this answer. I would appreciate any help with this question. I have looked high and low for the answer to this question

Chapter 2
WX0203-0017
The greater the pressure difference between a high and a low pressure center the ....?

I would appreciate any help with a point in the right direction

Dave

David Burch

- posted April 03, 2018 09:21 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the question:

WX0203-0017 (wt 1)
The greater the pressure difference between a high and a low pressure center, the ...? [HINT]
A dryer the air mass will be
B cooler the temperature will be
C greater the force of the wind will be
D warmer the temperature will be

and here is the HINT given:

The pressure difference between two places determines the pressure gradient. Which of these answers is influenced by this gradient? There is a slight twist to the answer in this case.

=============

I am not sure you will find any direct discussion of this type of question. This boils down to general quiz question philosophy. It is more of a thought problem than a specific fact question.

The hint is the key.... also keep in mind what chapter we are in ( Lesson 2). In a case like this, we might use the glossary to recall the definition of "pressure gradient" as it seems key to the answer.

Charlie2450

- posted April 03, 2018 09:09 PM      Profile for Charlie2450           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David;

Issue I have is that each time I open a hint I get nothing but page errors similar to that of below

weathertrainerlive.com
error 1155
unable to open URL

Then there's a bunch of garbled text

Hope theres a simple fix

Dave

David Burch

- posted April 03, 2018 10:16 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, i just realized what is going on... i think.

It seems you are signed up in the online marine weather course, but this post is in the public discussion group, which is intended for those not taking the course. Also it looks like you are accessing the quizzes from within the weather trainer software, and these are not the quizzes we use in the course, which are interactive with all the links and hints working.

So i think step 1 is we move this conversation to within the student discussion forum and then help you get into the right quizzes. Might be easiest to call the school in the morning so we can be sure the procedures are in place. 206-783-1414.

The General Instructions are at http://www.starpath.com/courses/general_instructions.htm

The course sign up procedures are at this link http://www.starpath.com/catalog/courses/1804bc.htm where this is one for mac and one for PC.

I am sorry we did not recognize that we were in the wrong forum here. I can see why there have been questions.

this will resolve a lot of issues.

if you are overseas we can meet up on skype or something.

All times are Pacific  
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation