| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Certification exam question

Author Topic: Certification exam question
Rob Pearce

- posted March 31, 2005 07:00 AM      Profile for Rob Pearce           Edit/Delete Post 
One sight reduction for problem 5, using NAO tables, I end up with a negative number for D and a negative number for B, which gives a negative F. I have checked my work multiple times and I get the same answer. Are Negative Fs something that does come up, and if so how do I deal with it (just drop the negative sign is what I was going to do).
David Burch

- posted March 31, 2005 10:41 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
do you refer to the sun sight or the moon sight?

also remember we have links to all the sight reduction tables in our online resources, so you are not required to use the NAO tables... though we do strongly recommend getting to know these.

Rob Pearce

- posted April 01, 2005 08:12 AM      Profile for Rob Pearce           Edit/Delete Post 
sun sight. Geeze I forgot you had the table links online
David Burch

- posted April 01, 2005 12:13 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and that might be easier... BUT i would recommend tracking down the issue you raised in any event. It either points out a mistake made in the process, or an interesting anomaly in the use of the NAO tables.

So if this remains a question, we need to know sun or moon.

Rob Pearce

- posted April 02, 2005 08:29 AM      Profile for Rob Pearce           Edit/Delete Post 
It is the sun sight and yes I would like to know if I made a mistake or not.

Thanks

Rob

Rob Pearce

- posted April 04, 2005 09:13 AM      Profile for Rob Pearce           Edit/Delete Post 
I found my mistake, another simply addition problem

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation