| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » CN Test - #99-0030 - Question

Author Topic: CN Test - #99-0030 - Question
Chris

- posted January 02, 2009 09:41 AM      Profile for Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
David,

I've got two clarification questions, regarding CN 99-0030. First, the question states that the sun's bearing is 117C. I'm assuming this is the compass bearing, as opposed to the "shadow bearing" that would require 180d correction?

Also, in the absence of notation, I'm assuming this should be treated as a LL (lower limb) sun sight?

On a seperate note, we've had an interesting evening sky to view here lately in North Texas. As of Jan 1, we've been able to view the Moon, Venus, and Jupiter all in line on the ecliptic at evening twilight. It doesn't make a great sight for Cel Nav, as they all have about the same bearing, but it's sure interesting to view.

Thanks,
Chris
"Land-locked" in TX

David Burch

- posted January 02, 2009 01:57 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that is the bearing to the sun.

Limb does not matter since we are going for Zn and do not care about Hc

Yes, the sky has been much in the news with astronomers this past month,,, and with astrologers as well!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation