| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Question 6.6.1

Author Topic: Question 6.6.1
Bg

- posted July 13, 2010 09:40 AM      Profile for Bg           Edit/Delete Post 
I am having a little trouble on this exercise. I don't know where to get the GHA for the sun from. I don't have the pages from the Nautical almanac for 1982. Am I suppose to get it from somewhere else? One more question. Between question 1-6 some of the problems have GHA sun Ho and then others have GHA sun and HO seperate. Could you please help me distinguish the difference between these two.
David Burch

- posted July 13, 2010 01:37 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
You do not need the nautical almanac for these problems. All the almanac data are given.

On point two, I apologize. There is a typo in the column headers. There should be a tab after GHA sun that pushed Ho to the next column. It is missing on all but the last one. Please just imagine the heading Ho moved one column to the right.

And they would also look much better with a tab between Ho and Dec as shown in the last one.

I will try to make up a print out of this with the columns corrected and post it.

David Burch

- posted July 13, 2010 01:53 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
You can download a corrected print of this page from Prob 6.6
Bg

- posted July 14, 2010 12:13 AM      Profile for Bg           Edit/Delete Post 
Great, thank you for telling me about the typo error, now I see where to go from here. Will download the copy you gave me.. cheers

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation