| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Protractor triangles

Author Topic: Protractor triangles
ash13brook

- posted April 02, 2011 07:06 PM      Profile for ash13brook           Edit/Delete Post 
To anyone wondering about using the Weems and Plath protractor triangles: they really work nice. They line up on meridians very nicely and they cover more distance than the parallel rules - though you do have to get used to positioning them to get the most from it- and I feel more accurate than the square protractor (I haven't actually tested that, yet)
David had responded in another post that they had a little bit of a learning curve, but as usual he straightened that curve right out here-

http://www.starpath.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=000099

My parallel rules and square protractor are already relegated to a drawer.

David Burch

- posted April 02, 2011 09:17 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. thanks very much. I had totally forgot about that. I will make a link from the lesson 2 resources page. --david

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation