| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Navigator Celestial Navigation Software

Author Topic: Navigator Celestial Navigation Software
arguin

- posted January 26, 2012 12:04 PM      Profile for arguin           Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering if anyone has used Celestaire's Navigator Celestial Navigation Software. It saw it advertised and read its capabilities and found it interesting. I already have the Star Finder and a Star Pilot (on a Voyage 200), but this product looked to combine and help visualize. Any thoughts and comments are appreciated.
David Burch

- posted January 27, 2012 09:26 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
This is actually a long standing freeware program that the developer (Omar Reis) needed to limit the functions of when celestaire started selling it. You can see and use essentially all of the cel nav functions still for free at a link in our online resources.

http://www.tecepe.com.br/nav/download.htm

David Burch

- posted January 27, 2012 09:37 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
note... i recall this as quite a nice program. There are several free onlines online, such as the celestial tools.

The Omar Reis program is an echart program as well.
i recall only cel nav differences are printing NA pages and a star finder, but these are both also free from other pages on his website.

There is also opencpn.org which has in addition to super nice navigation program a very good cel nav plugin..

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation