| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help desk | commons

This topic has been moved to Cel Nav Student Discussion Forum.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Celestial Navigation   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Anyone here doing this course for the USCG exam

Author Topic: Anyone here doing this course for the USCG exam
zamatim

- posted June 10, 2012 08:51 AM      Profile for zamatim           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All, I just started taking this course a few weeks ago. The main reason is to take on the USCG Oceans exam. I was wondering if any of you were doing the same thing and if so, how is working out thus far. Thanks
David Burch

- posted June 11, 2012 12:26 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Very good point, and we are standing by here to learn this as well from other students.

We do have notes online here on how to apply this course to that goal, which you may have seen, and we do have the full list of all uscg questions, including the cel nav, which you have access to at any time.

In the meantime, please let us know which license you are testing for because the cel nav is presented in different ways for different licenses and endorsements.

Also we must all keep in mind, that the USCG is in the process of changing everything at the moment. so far only minor changes have trickled in, but we must be prepared for some major changes.

--david

zamatim

- posted June 12, 2012 02:43 AM      Profile for zamatim           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, I currently have a Master 500 Ton w/100 Ton Sail Aux, NC. I want to upgrade this the NC to Oceans.
David Burch

- posted June 12, 2012 05:55 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
have they told you what type of test you will take? and have you been approved for the test?

in the past this was a 10 question endorsement, but not sure these days. I can also look into this, but please let me know your understanding. --david

zamatim

- posted June 21, 2012 11:49 AM      Profile for zamatim           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David, Sorry it took so long to get back, I didn't see that anyone posted.

I think the test is 15 questions, hard I'm sure. I'm with the US Army in Germany so I haven't submitted anything yet, I've learned not to do it to early.

I really hope the course will get me through it, I'm really not sure what to expect.

So, should I ask the same question in another group?

Thanks

David Burch

- posted June 21, 2012 12:38 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
If you are signed up for our online cel nav course then, yes, it is best to carry on this discussion in the student discussion forum. To simplify this, i will move this topic to that forum and we can carry on with this discussion there.

I actually did not notice that we were in the Public Forum.

All times are Pacific  
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation