| my account | login-logout | resources | classroom help | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   »   » Public Discussion of Cel Nav   » Lunar distance using Stark's tables (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Lunar distance using Stark's tables
David Burch

- posted June 05, 2017 06:36 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
not exactly sure what you have done, but sounds like it is working for you.

Have a good voyage.

navi

- posted June 05, 2017 07:31 PM      Profile for navi           Edit/Delete Post 

navi

- posted June 05, 2017 07:39 PM      Profile for navi           Edit/Delete Post 
I did the same thing as you, that is using Hc's from UTC 2h55m47s. You got D= 24deg27.8' with your form I got 24deg27.9' as per the attached form.
David Burch

- posted June 15, 2017 09:18 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is another solution using the Navigation Spreadsheets from Peter Hakel. A full tool kit of navigation computations. Note his lunar solution in this version requires either measured altitudes, or you have to back the Ha out of the Hc values. The Stark Tables does this with the "Wrong Way" table. See Steve Miller's article on the Stark Tables on how to use that and the other tables.

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2018, Starpath Corporation