| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Inland and Coastal Navigation   » Public Discussion of Inland and Coastal Navigation   » NOAA Chart Manual and Chart No. 1

Author Topic: NOAA Chart Manual and Chart No. 1
Sandy Englehart

- posted November 18, 2004 11:11 AM      Profile for Sandy Englehart           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I am taking your inland and coastal navigation home study course. On page 12-8 in section 12-3 you say you have a down-loadable book called The NOAA Chart Manual. I am very interested in this resource but can't find it. Please help. Sandy
David Burch

- posted November 18, 2004 04:27 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
We have this is the INET section of our online resources.... but i appreciate the note, as on checking this, it appears that even though the book is still online, any link to it has been removed from all the official indexes. So here it is, along with two other related references:

chart no 1

coast pilots

nautical chart user's manual

If this proves to be a useful reference for you and you want a printed copy, we have those availabe in the book section of our catalog (I think we are the only source of the printed version). Also somewhere in a tech support section we have a note on an error in this book having to do with predicting bridge clearances.

Note that the pdf files that make up this book are not indexed. We built a custom index for this as we include a copy with the Chart Trainer program. But the new version of Acrobat Reader (now called Adobe Reader ver 6) includes a search option that allows for searching though multiple documents. With that version of the reader you can search without a custom index.

David Burch

- posted November 21, 2004 05:33 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Found it. It is now linked from this page

http://chartmaker.ncd.noaa.gov/staff/Library.htm

whereas it used to be under "nautical charts and related publications," which certainly seemed right.

David Burch

- posted June 15, 2010 04:26 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Latest Uptdate.
This book is no longer online at all. There were too many errors and NOAA stopped supporting it. We have added an extensive errata to the one included in our chart trainer software program.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation