| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Inland and Coastal Navigation   » Public Discussion of Inland and Coastal Navigation   » Spotlight with built in compass?

Author Topic: Spotlight with built in compass?
WillDo

- posted February 24, 2023 08:41 AM      Profile for WillDo           Edit/Delete Post 
As I search for a better spotlight for my boat, I am reading about beam angle and light spill. It occurred to me that after finding some object in the dark distance, it might be very helpful to know the bearing of this object. I have "googled" for such an item and have not found it. Does anyone else think this would be a useful feature? Have you found one or made one? I am not above gluing a puck or bearing-style compass to the top of a spotlight. Proper lighting of the compass, so that it does not "spill" light will be key.
David Burch

- posted February 24, 2023 08:49 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
I have not heard of a compass on a spot light, but there are amazingly bright and focused LED flashlights that are small and could be attached to a binoculars that have an internal compass using a Velcro strap.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation