| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

search | help desk | commons

This topic has been moved to Coastal Nav Student Discussion Forum.    
next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Inland and Coastal Navigation   » Public Discussion of Inland and Coastal Navigation   » practice quizz

Author Topic: practice quizz
dturner383

- posted October 31, 2023 06:00 PM      Profile for dturner383           Edit/Delete Post 
Is there a way I could submit my answers to questions to see if I'm understanding this correctly? Prior to me submitting my quiz?
David Burch

- posted November 01, 2023 09:19 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
I think it would be most productive to do ones best at solving a problem and then reserve questions for parts that are not understood. This way we get more realistic training for actual underway decision making.

In other words, this way we double check all the steps of the process to catch typos etc, and then act on our decision.

If something is wrong, it is more likely a better learning experience submitting it and learning that, than getting a series of mis-steps corrected along the way.

With that said, everyone is open to ask any question they wish during the course that they feel is best for their own learning.

The other important related factor is our stressing that scores on the quizzes do not matter. The quizzes are part of the training. There is a minimum average score required to pass the course, but we watch this and do not let that ever become an issue. If too many questions are missed, we point out the right ones and suggest working on it more.

Hope that helps.

David Burch

- posted November 01, 2023 09:30 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Just realized there is another note to make about this important question.

We have nearly 20 years of discussion online from thousands of students usually using the topic heading of the question number ie IN02-0021, meaning this is a question about question 21 on quiz 2.

Thus by searching on IN02-0021 you most likely get the extra info that might be needed... or even a check on the right answer!

If that does not work, try just IN02 which will be a longer list but might find titles with non standard wording such as IN02 question 21.

All times are Pacific  
Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation