| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Radar   » Public Discussion of Marine Radar   » Power management and radar

Author Topic: Power management and radar
David Burch

- posted November 22, 2004 11:45 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
In Radar for Mariners on page 93 we discuss the importance of power management on modern electronics, of which radar is a key component. Poor power management was listed as one of the more likely sources of early installation problems.

Here I just want to mention one example I saw recently that highlights the issue. A 45-foot sailing vessel with a bow-thruster, new from the factory. Whenever you used the bow-thruster it would reset the radar. Simple as that. Something was wrong in the power management department.

My guess is that power winches might be in the same category of should be checked.

——
This note is part of the "More thoughts" (MT) section of the Radar for Mariners webpage.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation