| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Radar   » Public Discussion of Marine Radar   » FCC Radar Endorsement

Author Topic: FCC Radar Endorsement
QEII

- posted March 03, 2024 10:22 AM      Profile for QEII           Edit/Delete Post 
I have an FCC license for our VHF radio because we are traveling extensively in Canada. In the process of working through your Radar course, I learned of a radar endorsement offered by them and, as I understand it, required by Canada.

In reading the requirements for the endorsement on the FCC’s website, it reads:
How to Obtain a License

Submit FCC Form 605 along with the appropriate Proof of Passing Certificates to apply. (You do NOT need to submit FCC Form 159 (fee processing form) or any fees.) Many Commercial Operator License Examination Managers (COLEMs) file these documents for applicants who test with them. Ask your COLEM if it provides this service to its customers.

My question is two fold.
1. Is Starpath an approved COLEM?
2. Upon my completion of your program, can you submit the appropriate Proof of Passing Certificate so that I might obtain this certificate?

Thanks for your help. I’m enjoying the class very much.

David Burch

- posted March 05, 2024 09:06 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
We are not a COLEM. We do have a course completion certificate option in our radar course, but I doubt it is recognized by Canada. In the US, the USCG have their own radar endorsement program, which is all they recognize. Our course prepares you for US or CND radar tests, but normally they have other prerequisites... ie must have a license to endorse.

PS. this needs checking, but it could be the FCC radar license is related to maintaining radars, not operating them?

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation