| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Chat Room   » All Courses Chat Room   » Hello from a new student

Author Topic: Hello from a new student
reid

- posted July 27, 2011 01:06 PM      Profile for reid           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone. My name is Reid Lyon and I have just downloaded the CN materials today. I have used Starpath products in the past and their quality inspired me to take this course. By way of background, I live and work for the most part in Dallas, Tx where I am a professor and neuroscientist at SMU and the UT Southwest Medical Center. I split my time as much as possible in Fort Myers, FL. I grew up on a farm on the potomac river (northern neck) where our main staples were crabs and oysters so I was lucky enough to be on the water since I could haul a crab pot. I sailed for many years -both coastal and blue water - but for the past 5 years have been driving an American Tug 34 (LOA-38')(Heather Michelle) that I keep in Fort Myers and I use to ferry people to the keys and the Bahamas as well for pleasure with my family. I hold a USCG Master's license for vessels up to 100 gross tons. I am also licensed for commercial towing. My time on the ocean has taught me the value of celestial nav as a critical backup for navigation.
I hope to learn from all of you as I attempt this course.

Reid

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation