| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Chat Room   » All Courses Chat Room   » Just Joined & getting started down in Oz

Author Topic: Just Joined & getting started down in Oz
gunnith

- posted February 26, 2011 07:00 PM      Profile for gunnith           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,
My name is Trevor Gunning (gunny)
I live in Perth Western Australia. I have recently bought a Hans Christian 38 "Starshine" so my long term plan is to do a circumnavigation probably across the Pacific thru the Panama and up the East coast of the US and then across the pond...
Looking forward to getting my head around "celestial"
I have a beautiful via of the Southern Cross every night so at least I can recognise one star...
Regards,
Gunny

BobbyB

- posted June 03, 2011 08:33 PM      Profile for BobbyB           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Gunny
If you want to accelerate your general knowledge of navigational stars you might consider buying a SkyScout, from Celestron. It’s a gadget, but a serious gadget. It functions off GPS coordinates. Essentially, you can point it at any major or minor star (really any star) and it will identify it. It's costs between 225 to 250 USD depending on who you buy it from. I'm interested in stargazings in general so I purchacsed a SkyScout and have taken great pleasure in orienting myself with the 57 navigational stars-- and so much more.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation