| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Chat Room   » All Courses Chat Room   » Good to be with you

Author Topic: Good to be with you
Harry Creekmore

- posted April 14, 2003 06:00 PM      Profile for Harry Creekmore           Edit/Delete Post 
I too am 50ish like at least a couple of others.
New to sailing. Completed the first two ASA courses and costal nav. Have a 14' Hunter on a small lake in Tennessee. Sailed in Keys over Christmas. Having fun with this course. Tried sun sights on my little lake using dip short formula.
Very close. Any advice on best outfit to do
ASA int costal (first "bareboat" course)?

michael meade

- posted April 15, 2003 10:56 PM      Profile for michael meade           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Harry, I took my A.S.A. advanced coastal from Bluewater Sailing School in Ft. Lauderdale, they have quality instructors and boats, and the courses are well organized. Mike
Ed

- posted July 26, 2008 05:58 PM      Profile for Ed           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Harry!
I agree with Michael. BWSS in Ft. Lauderdale is great for ASA 105-106. i took the course this spring with Ted Wheeler, one of their senior instructors. I have 25+ years on the water and I learned an awful lot sailing to Bimini and back across the Gulf Stream. I highly recommend their school.
Ed

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation