| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Chat Room   » All Courses Chat Room   » Hello all

Author Topic: Hello all
Bill Brucato

- posted January 09, 2004 09:14 AM      Profile for Bill Brucato           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm using this course to prepare for the USCG Oceans endorsement. I'm finding that the reference material lacks some specific info regarding subjects (amplitudes)that I will be examined on. So far, Robert has been very helpful and I'd like to thank him for his patience. I'm struggling a bit with the 2102-D Starfinder at this point and hope to master this little devil soon.
Bill

David Burch

- posted January 09, 2004 09:24 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
To find subjects of interest, please go to the Instructor's locker and do a search under the topic you care about, ie "amplitude" and you will find a lecture on it... searching the student locker would also be a good idea for some subjects, although i do not recall amplitudes being discussed there.

Nevertheless, you are right, there are numerous topics in the USCG ocens endorsement test that we do not cover in this course. However, you will get the background you need to pass that test, but you will have to add the extra studying. The USCG oceans test is only about 60 to 70% cel nav (depending on which module you get)... it also covers RDF, cross ocean ETAs, some electronic nav, basic compass corrections, etc.

In any event, to prepare for that test after this course is done, it would be best to practice with actual USCG questions. We include all of them in a product call NavRules Plus (NRP)... ie from the examiner section of NRP, select Nav problems, and set the filter to ie amplitude, and it will pull out all amplitude problems and their answers, etc.

I will pass on your kind remarks to Robert.

thanks for taking part in the chat room.

--david

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation