| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Chat Room   » All Courses Chat Room   » Ahoy Mateys!

Author Topic: Ahoy Mateys!
Carol Sanders

- posted April 13, 2003 01:59 PM      Profile for Carol Sanders           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a 50+ year old water rat from way back!! I grew up sailing on the Columbia River and spending 4-6 weeks each summer cruising with my parents in the waters east of Vancouver Island. When they decided to become water gypsies for about 14 years in and around the Mediterranean, I was their summer "crew" and enjoyed that very unique way of living in those countries. Since moving to Seattle in 1974, I've owned 4 sailboats ranging from 18' to the current 54' and chartered numerous times in the Carribean (to get my "sun" fix of the non-navigational kind). I spent the summer of 2001, cruising from Seattle to Alaska (and back!). This summer a circumnavigation of Vancouver Island is planned for June and July. Anyone else headed there this summer? We live in one of the most wonderful cruising areas in the world....except for the cold water. So what is next? Thinking of Baja next year and then to...

I've always been intrigued by the history and mystique of celestial navigation. I started to learn it on my Alaska trip but wanted a more organized approach. I am taking this course mostly for the intellectual exercise and appreciation of the art/science/self-sufficiency.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation