| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Chat Room   » All Courses Chat Room   » Greetings to fellow students

Author Topic: Greetings to fellow students
michael meade

- posted April 08, 2003 08:27 AM      Profile for michael meade           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, my name is Mike, I'm 53 years old and I'm from Seattle. I'm taking the celestial navigation class in preperation for taking the A.S.A. offshore certification class in June. I have sailed small boats since 1970 and started the A.S.A. certification process three years ago. I own a 12' Ranger that I sail on a lake south of Seattle and I have sailed a 16' Hobie Cat quite a bit. I have taken my classes in San Carlos Mexico, Ft.Lauderdale and last fall I sailed from Jamestown R.I. to Norfolk Va.to complete my advanced coastal cruising certification. I enjoyed navigating in open water and I've found celestial navigation to be very interesting and quite challenging. I hope to hear from everybody else in the class, Mike.
Ron Baker

- posted April 09, 2003 05:51 PM      Profile for Ron Baker           Edit/Delete Post 
I am from a small town in Ohio named Kirtland, just east of Cleveland, and only a few miles from Lake Erie. My son is a junior at Ohio University enrolled in the aviation program, and my daughter will attend OU next fall after graduating from high school in June. My wife and I enjoy sailing my Wayfarer dinghy (16') on several inland lakes nearby, and also on Lake Erie when the weather is right. My interest in celestial navigation stems from a lifelong interest in astronomy, and an appreciation for the stars & planets. Although I have no plans to travel offshore, I find this subject fascinating. I plan to continue my studies with the Starpath coastal navigation course.
David Burch

- posted April 11, 2003 09:37 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a follow up note on forum structure. This forum belongs to you, the participants. You can post however you like. You can add replies as done here, or you can click the New Topic button and put it there. Choose which ever you like. The Reply option does trigger the Today's Topics function, and it should turn on the yellow light bulb to let us know something new is there.

If you ever want to change the structure after you have posted, just send me an email to [email protected] and we will adjust it as you like.

--david

Paul Woodward

- posted April 12, 2003 05:56 AM      Profile for Paul Woodward           Edit/Delete Post 
Hi. I'm Paul. I lived most of my life in the Seattle area, but now reside in Eastern North Carolina. I've been interested in Celestial Navigation for years, bought the Home Study course from Starpath a couple of years ago, but didn't really get going on it. The opportunity to participate in the online course is greatly appreciated. I sailed small keel boats in the Seattle area and had several opportunities to sail bigger boats. I participated in the 1994 Vic-Maui race, and returned the boat back to the Seattle area. I was hoping to learn something about Cel Nav on that trip, but didn't (GPS all the way). I own a Kirby 23, a small keel boat, which I am modifying to make it more seaworthy.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation