| my account | login-logout | resources | tech support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Electronic Chart Navigation   » Public Discussion of Electronic Navigation   » Trimble GPS utilities

Author Topic: Trimble GPS utilities
David Burch

- posted March 09, 2007 10:15 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
At trimble.com you can download their GPS planning program and a current GPS almanac. With this program you will know all about the satellites from any location... how high, what angles, etc. you can even for a given location as in a fjord or next to a steep mountain, simulate that blockage to see when your best fixes will be available... esp nice if you have a gps sitting in a window at home and need to monitor when your best view of the satellites will be etc. A very nice utility to have onboard for the rare event that you are blocked in... and maybe need to make a tricky passage and want to be sure you will have coverage, etc.
Don

- posted January 17, 2023 07:15 PM      Profile for Don           Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you David, I searched the Trimble site and it didn't find any results with "GPS almanac", it found 12 with "GPS planning" but I don't see information about satellite locations, I may not be on the correct site or the information may no longer be there, best wishes, Don
David Burch

- posted January 17, 2023 07:53 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
Don, very sorry about that. That note from 2007 is long out of date.

Are you looking for ways to predict satellite locations? There are many options we can point you to.

Else if there is another question, pls post it here.

After we solve this question i will remove or rewrite that old post. Trimble was a leading marine GPS company in the early days, but have moved on to larger targets and other companies have moved into dominate the marine field.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation