| my account | login-logout | resources | tech support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Electronic Chart Navigation   » Public Discussion of Electronic Navigation   » qtVlm companion

Author Topic: qtVlm companion
Steve

- posted February 19, 2024 06:59 AM      Profile for Steve           Edit/Delete Post 
Difficulties with Iphone and ipad receiving tcp information on the QTVLM Companion app. There doesnt appear to be anything on the iphone or ipad to accept the tcp input data. I am getting errors on the main program " Failed to connect to TCP Host :192.168.0.1 port 5010.

Configuration, instruments on, qtvlm Companion on, TCP port 5010 on, nmea connections outgoing outut channel on; tcp 192.168.0.1; 5010; retransmit on; nmea filter green.

Any help getting this to push to the mobile device would be greatly appreciated. The Gears never turn green on the mobile app

David Burch

- posted February 19, 2024 08:35 AM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the best source for help with the Companion app is directly with [email protected] and to maybe check out their support forum, which has a companion section: https://www.meltemus.com/index.php/en/forum/qtvlm-companion

We do not know about this popular app, but were told that in this case maybe there is a confusion between the NMEA output and Companion output which are different. Try to remove the NMEA output port, and go to boat configuration in the main settings to check Companion stuff. And if it still does not work then it is a network configuration issue.

But again, I relay that without knowing the details. Best to check with the resources above. Thanks.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation