| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   »   » Frequent Questions About the Courses   » Do I need a sextant to do the Celestial Course?

Author Topic: Do I need a sextant to do the Celestial Course?
David Burch

- posted February 08, 2006 03:27 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
No. Not for the course itself. You will, of course, need a sextant once you complete the course and are ready to go out and do your sights, but to learn the subject with our materials you do not. There is an extensive section in the notes on the use and care of a sextant and good practice exercises on reading the dials using graphics. After that, in the notes the problems start out saying the sextant read such and such at this particular time, and with that info you carry on with the problem from there. We do have very good prices on sextants, however, if you do choose to purchase one later on.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation