| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   »   » Inside the Online Classroom   » Logging in, Logging out, and Privacy

Author Topic: Logging in, Logging out, and Privacy
David Burch

- posted February 08, 2006 04:13 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
You can attempt to use any username you like, keeping in mind your choice is case sensitive. Jack is different from jack, which is different from jAcK. If the format is not acceptable, you will be informed. Try then removing spaces and special characters. Simple usernames are best. You can change your password later, but not your user name. If you choose to take part in online courses, once in the Classroom, you can choose a different public name to appear with your questions and comments.

If you are using a serial number for a free WebCard, then that serial number can only be used once. The username and password that makes up the "WebCard," however, can be used from any computer to access the Resources.

After signing up for the first time, you will be emailed back a password to the email address you entered. Once you have entered with that password, you can change the password to something more convenient.

Please see the Frequently Asked Questions about WebCards for more specific subjects... such as, "Should I activate my WebCard immediately when I get it, or wait for an online course?"

After logging in, it is valuable to log out before closing your web browser. This is especially valuable when taking part in online discussions, since we erase all set cookies in your computer when you log out, and it is these cookies that keep track of which forums you are taking part in. Also, if you do close your browser before logging out, you may not be able to log in from another computer for some period of time. There is a Log Out button on the left-side panel of the Active Pages.

All information you use to sign up for a WebCard or to enroll in an online course is strictly private. No information is provided to any third party, under any circumstances.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation