Compliments of Starpath School of Navigation
Instructions (see video example)
1. In Google Earth, select the ruler tool. Choose Path tab.
2. Map out your route, one click per intended waypoint.
3. When done, just stop and press Save, give your route a name, and press OK.
4. If not showing, turn on sidebar on the left from the menu View/Sidebar.
5. See your path saved in section Temporary Places, bottom of the Places list.
6. Right Click the path and choose "Save Place As..." and at the bottom of the pop up choose file type *.kml
and save to a desried location on your computer.
7. Then use the converter above to covert the KML file to a GPX file, which can be imported into navigation programs.