This page is reserved for news and updates related to the book
• There is a typo on page 91. End of glossary entry for "Refraction," should read: "(10’ at 5°, then 5’ at 10°, and 1’ at 45°) in normal temperature and pressure."
• There is a typo on page 8. Second paragraph, first sentence should read: "The next step is to adjust the tilt of the horizon mirror to move the two stars together horizontally."
• Article on Solar Index Correction.
• Read About Online Celestial Nav Course
• Check out our Comparison of Plastic Sextants
• Source for small order of Baader Solar filters. We are told this link www.dracoproductions.net sells 1.25" circle of Baadar filter material for only $4.00, $1.00 S/H. Otherwise it is some $40 for a letter size sheet plus shipping. This material is recommend in the book for making sun shades for doing accurate solar index measurements.
• Contact the author at email@example.com
Sextants available from Starpath