| my account | login-logout | resources | support | catalog | home | get webcard |

Online Classroom

search | help desk | commons
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Online Classroom   » Inland and Coastal Navigation   » Public Discussion of Inland and Coastal Navigation   » navigation workbooks and starpath visit?

Author Topic: navigation workbooks and starpath visit?
ES2023

- posted February 22, 2024 02:04 PM      Profile for ES2023           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a question from your website: there are three Navigation Workbooks for coastal navigation practice listed...Are all three different; or are there significant overlaps, and if so, which do you recommend? I want to keep my coastal and celestial nav skills sharp when I'm not sailing.

[Also note that the Coast Guard Cel Nav Notes link is not working (for me).]

In June, I'll be sailing out of Bellingham WA. Does Starpath have a physical location? I'd love to drop by and say "Ahoy".

David Burch

- posted February 22, 2024 02:18 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
The workbook for 18565TR is the main one we use in our coastal nav course. Includes valuable practical exercises. It is keyed to match our textbook on Inland and Coastal Navigation, which would be a logical companion. We can guarantee you will find it worthwhile, even if you have studied coastal nav from other books.

The other of interest is the one called Workbook for practice underway. That is a unique and valuable resource, which you can read about in its description, which includes samples and Contents.

The workbook on 1210Tr is only for those who are forced to use this long outdated chart. The content is more than covered in the 18465Tr Workbook.

If you are signed up for any of our online courses you can request and get access to the full USCG data base of exam questions (many thousands), which includes all they have ever asked on cel nav.

Yes, we have an office open to the public at 3050 NW 63rd Street, Seattle, WA 98107. Best to call first to check if the person you want to see is there or not at the time, or if there are other conflicts. 206-783-1414

ES2023

- posted February 23, 2024 01:04 PM      Profile for ES2023           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks David.

Please post the link to the USCG questions. I found the link to the USCG in Resources/Misc, but it sounds like you have another page with exam questions for us to practice.

Fair winds.

David Burch

- posted February 23, 2024 01:11 PM      Profile for David Burch           Edit/Delete Post 
The custom cel nav questions are for practice from within the Cel Nav course. They cannot be worked with the methods learned in our Back-up cel nav course (117).

You might be able to find samples of them searching the link you did find.

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Starpath School of Navigation

Copyright, 2003-2021, Starpath Corporation