4-7. (A) Yes. (B) Approx 66 ft. (C) 41º 13.2’ N, 70º 48.2’ W. (D) C 039 M, 3.0 nmi.
8-9. 4.8 at 2030 / High / -0 17 / 2013 + 1h for EDT = 2113
8-10. -0.2 at 0132 / Low / +1 15 / 0247 + 1h for EDT = 0347
• Starpath online Glossary of Marine Navigation (starpath.com/glossary)....
• Starpath online videos on chart plotting (starpath.com/videos)
• Referenced in the text: 4-up portable compass roses (Print onto clear labels to add to charts)
• Download a free BSB format RNC echart copy of 1210tr (compliments of Starpath Publications, 5 MB zip file) .
This chart will run in any echart viewer, in particular OpenCPN, which has both PC and Mac versions.
• Download a hi res pdf of chart 1210tr. Can't navigate on it, but you can read it on your phone on the bus to study the chart!
• Various Navigation Publications (Light Lists, Coast Pilots, Bowditch, and many more) are available as free downloads linked at starpath.com/navpubs
• Read discussion of navigation exercises Our 1210Tr workbook is new, but many of the exercises are the same as we use in the 18456Tr workbook. You need a webcard to participate and add your own questions and comments, but anyone can read this public discussion.)
• Nautical charts in all formats can be found at starpath.com/getcharts (All NOAA echarts of US waters are free downloads. Printed charts are POD)
• Nautical chart catalogs. We have several exercises on the use of chart catalogs. It is always valuable to have a printed copy on board, in part because it makes an excellent graphic index to the charts you have. Just highlight the boundaries of the charts you have in the catalog. You can request one from your local chart dealer. To obtain a catalog for working the exercises, you can download or view online a graphic version at this link: NOAA nautical chart catalogs. This charted region is in Catalog No. 1, Atlantic Coast.
• Contact the authors (email@example.com)
• ebook options for Starpath publications (ebooks.starpath.com)
See related Navigation Workbooks with practice problems and answers:
|Using Chart 18465 Tr||Using Chart 1210 Tr||Practice Underway|